Saturday, July 16, 2011

Maturity: Some People Need It

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of face within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity."- Calvin Coolidge

Hey everyone, Chris here with another blog enrty. We're gonna talk about Maturity. Now some of the things I say on here is true because its happened to me during the past week. Just a fair warning. So let's begin.

If you haven't read the previous entry "Change: It Happens To All of Us", then you might want to read that one first. So as I said I told my associate that I'm gonna be busy with college and other things. So on Thursday, I went to Chestnut Hill College for my Griffin Day. And I can say it was very good. I took some placement test, had breakfast and lunch, met some new people and had fun (even got a hoodie and foam finger). I was there till 3:30 in
the afternoon. So that's what started it all.

I came home and I went to sleep. I didn't talk to my associate all day because I was busy all
day. I wake up from my nap and I realized that it was 7. So I ate and relaxed. Around 10 at night, something told me to check my phone. So I checked it and I see a text from her. I open it and it said, "I cut ur name on my chest so i'll never forget. Thought u should kno." Seeing, that I was shocked and angry. And there's a couple of reasons for these emotions:

1. Why would harm yourself that way? I already knew she was a cutter, but not to go that far.
2. That seems a little crazy and stalker-ish. I knew she liked me, but I told her on several occasions that we're only friends.
3. It seems a little immature to do that. I told her that I'm gonna be busy, so talking was limited for a while. And I did explain that to here several times.

So I talk to her via Facebook about the text and why she did that. We argued for about 5 minutes, and she logs off. I text her to continue this. She told me "Idc wat u gotta say! It was my choice! It cnt b changed now" So throughout all this time (about 2-3 days), she got angry because I was gonna be busy with college things and other things. That's a huge sign of immaturity. She couldn't handle the fact that I'm not in high school anymore, and that I'm gonna be doing bigger things that are going to help my future. What can we learn from this: You have to be mature about certain things and realize you can't have everything you want. Also, realize change is good sometimes. Throughout these two blogs, I haven't revealed her name. The reason for this is that even though I don't want her to speak to me anymore, I still have a conscious and I know she wouldn't want people to find out about this. Readers, you will never know her name. I'm gonna end this with one more maturity quote.

"Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension."

-This is Chris Alford, and that is what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment