Tuesday, April 17, 2012

#YOLO is The Motto! Really?


"Now she want a photo You already know though You only live once: that’s the motto nigga YOLO We bout it every day, every day, every day Like we sittin’ on the bench, nigga we don’t really play Every day, every day, f-ck what anybody say Can’t seem em cause the money in the way Real nigga wassup?"
- 'The Motto', by Drake


Hello, I'm Chris, and let me tell you what I have to say.  A lot of us listen to a variety of music, whether it is old or new.  It's very interesting to see how some people are able to quote song lyrics, but can't remember something that is really important, such as a date or a due date for a project.  It is also interesting to see how people connect a certain lyric of a song to their lives.  Particularly, in the song 'The Motto' by Drake, he uses the phrase, "You only live once."  After that song came out, it seems that a lot of people have been saying that.  Honestly, people have been saying that for a long time, but once a celebrity says the exact same thing, then it is gold for everyone to use.  This makes you wonder about the standard we, the regular people, have for celebrities.  We treat them as if they're gods, or at least demigods; we hear about and follow a majority of things that they say, we try to dress like them, and some of us even have their attitudes.  We need to remember that celebrities are just regular people and that they do not need to be put on a pedestal.

Next is the word YOLO, also know as, "You Only Live Once."  Understand this point, YOLO does not mean do stupid stuff and say YOLO.  To me, YOLO means that you only live once, so don't waste your life being unhappy.  I'm not telling anyone to do anything crazy, but have fun in life and enjoy the time you have on this planet.  That my opinion on that, but I do want to hear your opinion on this.  If you haven't listened to the song yet, check it out on YouTube.  I know I haven't update much, but I did not forgot about the blog, or the readers.  With that said, I'm Chris, and that is what I have to say. 

The Motto © Drake, Young Money, Cash Money, and Universal Republic

No comments:

Post a Comment